Monday, August 20, 2007

On the bench

Jasmine hurt her back this morning, I was awakened at 4:30 by her crying and going in circles on my bed. I wasn't sure what happened, but I got her to lay back down and when I got up a little later she was very stiff for her walk. When we head out for our walk and Jasmine just stands there and walks out the door behind me, never once jumping, goofing off with Blueberry, or pulling on her lead, then something is not right.

I will keep her in her cage for a little while until she feels better, but her training is off for a couple weeks until she heals. The problem with injured backs is we have to give the a good 2 to 3 weeks to heal thoroughly or she could reinjure herself and do more damage.

So, another set back in her training, so much fun!!! I'm sure she will heal quickly and I just need to be careful with her for a little while.

2 Comments:

Blogger Avalon said...

Tell Jasmine that we are all sending some healing Poodle wishes her way, especially Trevor!

8/21/2007 5:24 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thank you! She is doing much better today, but I am still keeping her quiet just in case. She is not happy about that.

8/21/2007 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home