Obedience Class
Chauncey and Jasmine waiting for class to startLast night I took Chauncey and Jasmine to our obedience lessons. I usually go to Maggie's house for lessons, but with all our afternoon showers we have been missing quite a few. So, last night we met at a training club that she teaches at and I paid for some run throughs instead of lessons. Once I got them settled in the crate, I took Jasmine and heeled her around the rings and other people working, so we could work on her focus. She is doing much better, as am I on paying attention to Jasmine at all times and keeping her focus.

Chauncey, Tequiza, and Kai
One of the other classes was doing groups sits and downs, so I joined in with Chauncey. I am working on leaving her and going out of sight, which is what we will have to do in Open. Chauncey did pretty well, but sat up on the sit, so I just stayed outside of the ring behind some people.
Chauncey, Tequiza, and Kai
Chauncey had her lesson first and did very well on all of the Open exercises. Her heeling is so much better and we are training off lead most of the time. I am still finishing up her force fetch so we did not do any dumbbell work in the ring. We used her stuffed duckie instead for her retrieve work. For her retrieve on flat exercise we did a retrieve to a target plate and then did a retrieve with the duckie. She did very good, retrieved both the duckies and came back to front with them. Her retrieve drive is so much better and she is grasping the whole concept now.
Jasmine's lesson was very good, her focus in heeling is great for where she was. She loves the recalls and jumps, but I have to respond and think three times as fast to keep ahead of her. She loves to work, but is the fastest of all my dogs and thinks it is a race, but I love her drive and enjoyment of it all.
I also ran into one of Chauncey's older littermates, Gracie. I have met Gracie and her owner a few times in the past, but haven't seen them in a while. Gracie is a CH and has several obedience and agility titles. She is smart and a smarty, while I was talking to her owner she grabbed my bait pouch and would not let go when I grabbed it. It took several commands form her owner before she let go of it.



3 Comments:
Way to go! It is amazing to see these dogs stay when their person is out of sight. Takes lots and lots of work!
The girls are so funny. So glad you got to see Chauncey's sister. Do they seem to recognize each other at all?
OJ-It does take a lot of work, especially with a momma's girl like Chauncey:o) I love to watch that part in the classes.
Avalon-Chauncey was too busy inspecting a Bichon that was flirting with her and Gracie was too busy stealing my bait pouch:o) I don't think they even noticed each other!!
Post a Comment
<< Home