Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Begging by The Pros


In Chauncey's job description there is a paragraph about her skills as a consumate beggar. She is quite adapt at this skill and wins every time. As you can see in the photo above, Chauncey is working her wiles on my niece, Bailey, and won. Bailey shared her cheeseburger AND french fries with Chauncey. What I don't have a picture of is how Chauncey actually got over half a cheeseburger from my other niece, Mac, about an hour earlier. Mac was sitting in my office quietly eating her happy meal when I heard her yell at Chauncey. Apparently Chauncey put her whole mouth on the cheeseburger, but didn't take it, so Mac threw it away as she did not want to eat after the dog. Mac left the room a few minutes later and I just sat at my desk and watched, as Chauncey kept her eye on the trash can. When she thought I was not looking, she walked over to the can, gently removed a piece of paper that was on top, and then took the cheeseburger out and ate it on her bed. She thought she was pretty smart to get that cheeseburger. I won't go into everything she figures out how to steal at home and how many lunches I have lost by walking out of the room for a minute and not securing my food.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smart dog that Chauncey. She knows all it takes is a little dog drool and then it's all hers!

7/25/2007 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home