Friday, July 27, 2007

More Training

My mom is taking her puppy, Marly, to classes at Maggie's when she has the time. Since Chauncey and Jasmine already had one on Tuesday, I took Blueberry along for a class.


My mom has been practicing with Marly, which is more than I can say for me. Marly did very well, but tired quickly. They worked on her walking nicely with my mom, sits and downs, which take her longer to do than the Poodles. She is also working on watching and attention to my mom. Maggie started working with them on recalls and retrieving. After all the work I am going through to ge tmy girls to retrieve and Marly runs over and picks the toy up, brings it back to my mom, on the first time and three more times after that. Maggie thought is was funny that she is already retrieving.

Marly heeling for food!

Coming to my mom!

After Marly was done I brought Blueberry out and we started with our heeling routine, which Blueberry has greatly inproved on. The lessons are starting to click and she is figuring out what I am asking of her. We worked on her broad jump and she is not even trying to avoid the jump. I need to practice more with her on sits and downs, because she doesn't want me to leave her and Maggie had to hold on while I left. We are also working on her getting in and sitting in our box, so we will be able to add recalls and more things later on. The lessons went well and I am trying to get some practice time in this week.
Practicing her down in her box.

Working on her heeling.

Jumping the broad jump

Working on her stays

Maggie had a big fan outside and we were standing in front of it, trying to cool off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

That shot of Blueberry jumping the broad jump is INCREDIBLE!

Looks like fun. I really need to work on obedience more with Ryder if we want to start the intro-to-agility series this fall.

7/29/2007 2:11 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks, my mom is pretty good behind a camera:o)

I love it and I'm sure Ryder would enjoy all of it. They are so smart sometimes it is scary:o)

8/02/2007 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home