Hunting Poodles
On a cold and windy Sunday, the first weekend of February, I attended a Hunt Test in central Florida to watch some friends run their Poodles. I am so glad that I bundled up, as the wind blew right through everything. I took my 35mm and digital cameras, hoping to get some good pictures. Well, I took out the 35mm, only to find the battery light blinking at me, checked in my case and no backup batteries. We were an hour from civilisation, so no store to run to. I pulled the digital out and took some decent photos with that, but was not able to get the nice, up close pictures I like, as it does not have that big of a zoom lens. A couple that was running their Poodle, Dennis and Brenda, bought one of Chauncey's puppies, Peter, and he was with them and got to play with me for a while. The Poodle that Dennis was running in the test is Zeke, Chauncey's older half-brother. Zeke passed this test for his 3rd Senior Hunter pass, he just needs one more passto finish his title. There were also some Poodle people from the North/West that were down in Florida to train and test. Gray and his Poodle, Scout also did well, but Scout did not pass the water test. Scout did pass the following weekend to finish his Senior Hunter title. Check out the pics below.
Zeke returning with his duck

Dennis and Zeke waiting their turn and mentally preparing for their test
Zeke returning with his duck
Dennis and Zeke waiting their turn and mentally preparing for their test
A bunch of poodles playing around and exercising. There are 6 in this picture as Pete just wasn't sure about the whole crowd thing.

This is Chauncey's boy, Peter. He is such a handsome dog and will be entering his first test in a couple weeks.
This is Scout bringing his bird back to Gary.
Gary getting ready to send Scout out for the bird.

2 Comments:
I'm so glad you posted these! There is just such a palpable JOY in a working poodle!
Yes, there is and thanks so much for visiting my site.
Post a Comment
<< Home