Back Again
I have not posted lately due to schedules and everything else in life that keeps me busy. We have not been tracking for the last 2 weeks, with my truck in the shop and Jean out of town, it got put on hold. I have started private obedience lessons with Maggie, who is about 30 minutes from me, much closer than some of the other training schools. I also can take all of my girls at the same time and have a much more personalized lesson. I am seeing big changes in Chauncey and Jasmine after 3 weeks. Blueberry will be starting this week.
At my last tracking lesson, it was just Jean and I to lay tracks. Chauncey was able to come back out and did very well on her track. It ended up being a little tougher than I wanted, but I had to get out of the area I walked into. She was very excited to be back out and working again. Blueberry did well as usual on a very tough track (at least for me it was). Jean is not marking my turns, so I can't see where the dog needs to go, and I must trust the dog and read their body language.
At my last tracking lesson, it was just Jean and I to lay tracks. Chauncey was able to come back out and did very well on her track. It ended up being a little tougher than I wanted, but I had to get out of the area I walked into. She was very excited to be back out and working again. Blueberry did well as usual on a very tough track (at least for me it was). Jean is not marking my turns, so I can't see where the dog needs to go, and I must trust the dog and read their body language.

The is Jean (left), our trainer, and Joyce (right) fellow tracker waiting to go track. We had laid a set of cross tracks for Joyce's Golden (Ziggy TD) and were waiting for them to age. That was a long day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home