Trouble on the Track
Blueberry started off well today, but we got a little stuck at some turns. I didn't realize it until afterwards, but I have been using food drops acouple feet after every turn as a reward. I forgot to have Joyce put any out today and I believe it caused some confusion on Blueberry's part. The track itself was not very long, but it had a 5 turns in it. Blueberry completed the first 2 turns very well and at the 3rd turn she never committed to the correct direction.

She was confused and just sat there looking at me, so Joyce told me which way it went and I started a couple feet in that direction to get her going again. She completed that turn nicely, which was right where the field grass stopped and the brush started. Blueberry continued in the correct direction but blew by the last turn, she never even slowed or acted like there was a turn. I could not see the stake as it was over the top of the hill and Joyce did not stop me, but let us continue for quite a ways. Finally, Jean called me back and I tried to get Blueberry to track again. She did not even want to try. I offered her some water, which she drank, and tried to let her rescent with the article, but she was not interested. I then started walking in the correct direction on the last leg, while pointing and telling her to "Find It", she would occasionally sniff, but nothing serious. When we were about halfway down the leg she started working again and went right to the glove. She had a hard track and it was very dry for the dogs. They all had a tough time today. I am going to do some motivational tracks this week and let her have some fun tracking and not make it tough.

She was confused and just sat there looking at me, so Joyce told me which way it went and I started a couple feet in that direction to get her going again. She completed that turn nicely, which was right where the field grass stopped and the brush started. Blueberry continued in the correct direction but blew by the last turn, she never even slowed or acted like there was a turn. I could not see the stake as it was over the top of the hill and Joyce did not stop me, but let us continue for quite a ways. Finally, Jean called me back and I tried to get Blueberry to track again. She did not even want to try. I offered her some water, which she drank, and tried to let her rescent with the article, but she was not interested. I then started walking in the correct direction on the last leg, while pointing and telling her to "Find It", she would occasionally sniff, but nothing serious. When we were about halfway down the leg she started working again and went right to the glove. She had a hard track and it was very dry for the dogs. They all had a tough time today. I am going to do some motivational tracks this week and let her have some fun tracking and not make it tough.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home