Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Motivating Blueberry 1-16-06

I laid a shorter motivational track for Blueberry today. It only had 2 turns and I didn't let it age at all. I also added the food drops and did not mark the turns with any flags. Blueberry knew what I was doing and was having a great time barking at me. I got her out, put her harness on, and took her to the start flag. She started great and kept up a good pace on the first leg. The first turn was just past a group of trees and bushes, which can sometimes make the dogs lean towards the bushes. Blueberry circled to the right once and then picked up the left turn and went her merry way down the track. She missed the first food drop, but found the one after the second turn. Blueberry cut the second turn as she found the food drop while she was circling and picked up the last leg. She found the glove with no problem and had a good treat. I like to run these short tracks to keep their motivation for tracking up and they look forward to the longer, hard tracks. There were several patches of sticker (the green, sticky kind) that we went through and by the time I got back to the truck we were covered. It took a few minutes to clean us up before we went home.



2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's just too cool. Someday I want to be able to spend enough time with a dog to really work at something like this. I have a Golden now, who is so anxious to please I just KNOW he would make a great working dog. But he's living the life of luxury herding the family from indoors, LOL. We get plenty of exercise, but nothing like this!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate the comments! And by no means am I professional, I just do a paid shoot every now and then--I still get nervous thinking that someone might actually want to pay for my work. LOL!!!

2/18/2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks for visiting my site. I enjoy working with my girls and they love it. A friend of mine has Goldens and she does the tracking also. They are great dogs.

Your photos are very nice, the quality and composition. I will be back to see more.

2/19/2006 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home