Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Class

Chauncey and I went to our obedience class last night (graduate novice/pre-open). She is doing very well and we only have one more week left. We worked on some of our heeling patterns and she is staying more in line with me and sitting much quicker.

The swish pole is a fun game for her. She is able to start farther back and run through my legs. They added a 4" jump last night and she had no problem with it. This is helping to train good strides and turns for the broad jump in Open.

We are using a yard stick laid on the floor in front of her to teach pop-up stands and fold down downs. The pop-up stands are almost automatic for her and she is doing well on the downs.

The teacher also helped me start the dumbbell work with squeeze cheese. She started out by putting a little cheese on the bar of the dumbbell and I held it out for Chauncey to lick. as soon as she licked it, I took it away and praised. We did that a couple times and then took the cheese off the DB and put it on my finger. I held the plain DB up to Chauncey and when she licked it then I praised and gave her some cheese from my finger. Chauncey caught on pretty quickly to what she needed to do to get some cheese. We will keep working on this and see how far we are for next weeks class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home